The West African Senior School Certificate Examinations (WASCCE) has released school candidate’s results for the year 2020.
The numbers that sat for this year’s examinations were One Million Five Hundred and Thirty-Eight Thousand Four Hundred and Forty-Five (1,538,445), Two Hundred and Fifteen Thousand One Hundred and Forty-Nine (215,149) candidates which its percentage represents 13.98% of the total number of candidates whose results were not released because of reported examinations malpractice.
The examination body WAEC says that Candidates that sat for this year’s examinations and had paid in full everything about this year’s examinations should visit their website www.waecdirect.org to check their results.
THE YEAR 2020 WAEC RESULTS IN DETAILS
- The total number of people that sat for this year’s result 1,538,445.
- The total number of candidates that their results are intact 1,456,727 which is 94.69%
- The total number of candidates that their results are still being processed 81,718 which is 5.31%.
- The 86.99% obtained credits in a minimum of at least five (5) subjects with or without English Language or Mathematics and this percentage of candidates are 1,338,348.
- The 65.24% got credits and above in at least five (5) subjects including English Language and Mathematics which represents this total number 1,338,348.
- The West African Examination Council says there is much improvement in the performance of the candidates in this year’s examinations which is 1.06% much better than that of the year 2019.
- The percentage of 13.98% of candidates results were not released which its number is 215,149.
The council which planned to release the results on October 28 postponed it because of the unrest and curfew in some states after End SARS protest violence in some states of the nation. The examinations which suppose to begin on April 6th 2020 could hold because of COVID 19 pandemic.
The examinations started on August 17th year 2020 and ended on September 12th year 2020