BY: DANDISON ANUSIONWU
- ARRIVAL OF DLI STUDENTS FOR RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMME
2019/2020 DLI Residential Programme commences on Saturday, 9th October 2021 and ends on Saturday, 20th November 2021.
All DLI students are expected to complete their course registration for the 2019/2020 session on or before Saturday, 25th September 2021. Immediately after the completion of the course registration, the “Hostel Application Button” will be enabled for the allocation of hostel bed space.
Upon resumption on campus, students are to report to Halls of Residence as indicated in the print-out of their accommodation slips with the following documents:
- Receipt of payment of the full-service charge for the current session.
- Two (2) copies of the print-out of Accommodation Slip.
- Evidence of registration with the University Medical Centre.
2. SCHEDULE OF ARRIVAL FOR THE 2019/2020 RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMME
- Saturday, 9th October 2021 – Years 5-6 students move into Halls of Residence.
- Monday, 11th October 2021 – Examination commences for Years 5 -6 Students.
- Friday, 22nd October 2021 – Examination ends for Years 5 – 6 students.
- Friday, 22nd October 2021 – Years 5 – 6 students vacate the Halls of Residence.
- Saturday, 23rd October 2021 – Years 3-4 students move into Halls of Residence.
- Monday, 25th October 2021 – Examination commences for Years 3-4 Students.
- Friday, 5th November 2021 – Examination ends for Years 3 – 4 students
- Friday, 5th November 2021 – Years 3-4 students vacate the Halls of Residence.
- Saturday, 6th November 2021 – Years 1-2 students move into Halls of Residence.
- Monday, 8th November 2021 – Examination commences for year 1-2 students.
- Saturday, 20th November 2021 – Examination ends for Years 1-2.
- Saturday, 20th November 2021 – Years 1-2 students vacate the Halls of Residence.
3. EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS
Students are to complete payment of fees on or before Friday, 24th September 2021.
- Registration of courses for all students ends on Friday, 24th September 2021. There shall be no further extension.
- Students are required to come to the Examination Centre with one recent passport photograph for each of their registered courses. The passport photographs must be the same used in registering for the current session.
- Examination dockets would be enabled for printing with effect from Saturday, 25th September 2021.
- Final year students are to make themselves available for oral project defence. Each department shall communicate the dates for project defence to their students.
- Note that ONLY students of the Institute who are fully registered will be allowed to write examinations. Unregistered students who sit for the examination will have their results nullified.
4. COVID- 19 PROTOCOLS
The Distance Learning Institute shall insist on compliance with protocols stipulated against the spread of COVID–19 during the Residential programme. Students are therefore expected to adhere strictly to the guidelines for admittance into Halls of Residence and Examination Venues. At the Halls of Residence, the following shall be required for presentation:
- A bottle of hand sanitiser (minimum of 500 ml)
- At least ten (10) face masks.
- Therefore, students are required to comply with the following:
- Wear a face mask into and out of the Halls of Residence, on Campus and on Examination Venues.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water/alternatively use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Maintain social/physical distancing at examination venues and Halls of Residence.
- Use only allocated bed space
5. SPECIAL PLEA TO EMPLOYERS
The distance learning institute (dli) management appeals to employers to kindly release their respective employees who are dli students. This is to enable them to participate in the forthcoming residential programme, during which the 2019/2020 sessional examination, will be conducted.