After the Christmas and New Year Celebrations, a few business and offices in Nigeria had open for the year 2021 business activities.
The normal official work hours are still Monday to Friday but for the sake of covid-19 second wave work activities and life will be changed a little this is coming at the government announcing the guidelines to help offices to help check the spread of the virus.
YOU MAY HAVE MISSED
HERE ARE SOME OF THE STEPS BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO HELP BUSINESS OWNERS AND GOVERNMENT WORKERS TO REDUCE THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 VIRUS AT THE PLACE OF WORK.
- Public servants in government offices that are below the level 12 grade are not to be at work except if they are needed.
- Staffs will be encouraged to work from their homes.
- Availability of sanitisers in the officers must be adhered to from henceforth.
- The use of a face mask and covering for all staffs at all times is compulsory.
- Ensuring social distancing in the seating arrangements for visitors and staffs in offices.
- To make sure temperature checks are done in front of all offices immediately someone arrives at the office.
- To make sure things to wash hands with are provided (soap and water)
- To safeguard the safety and health of staffs plans for social distancing must be developed.
- In offices face to face contacts with customers and the staffs, there must be the provision of protective equipment for safekeeping.
- To make members of staff knows how to identify symptoms of coronavirus and that they have much understanding of measures to take if they are sick and to be encouraged to be at their home.
- Create the awareness to staffs the danger in sharing of working equipment and tools for example desks, telephones and computers.
- Visitors to offices and businesses to be limited to a certain number.