By: Dandison Anusionwu
The Ebonyi is a state in southeastern Nigeria. It is inhabited and populated primarily by the Igbo. Its capital and largest city are Abakaliki. Other major towns include Afikpo, Onueke, Edda, Onicha, etc.
AVAILABLE VACANT POSITIONS
This is our determined effort to rapidly industrialize our state, and create employment opportunities as part of our poverty reduction policy.
The Ebonyi State Civil Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions below:
JOB TITLE: Facility Manager
LOCATION: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
The Ebonyi State Government’s objective is to engage a competent shopping mall Manager to be responsible for the efficient and cost-effective use of facilities, maintenance of the facility, storing and distributing consignment of goods and materials, ensuring timely delivery of orders, maintain stocks of inventories, securing and leasing of stalls as required by the State Government.
SCOPE OF SERVICE
- Overseeing and agreeing on contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning: catering, technology, and so on.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds, and security staff
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as water, air-conditioning, and heating are well-maintained.
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Allocating and managing space between buildings.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental health and security standards.
- Advising businesses on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Renovation or refurbishment of the mall if necessary.
- Helping businesses to relocate to new offices and to make decisions about leasing.
- Companies with specific experience in managing similar assignments in the last 5 years,
- Good knowledge and experience in finance, administration, and human resource management
- Experience in contract management
Personnel Specifications, Attributes, and Competencies
Their preferred company shall have personnel with the following Attributes and competencies:
- High level of integrity
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating ability
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Planning and organizing skills
- Performance focused
- Attention to detail and also able to see the implications for the bigger picture.
The Manager is to report to Ebonyi State Government through the Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Trade and Investment, or any other Ministry as directed by the State Government
- The Manager will be required to submit monthly financial and management reports to the employer.
- The Manager will be based in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
- Facilities to be provided by the employer
- Office accommodation shall be provided
Application Closing Date: 14th November 2021.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified companies are requested to submit their Proposals to:
The Honourable Commissioner for Trade and Investment,
Block 10 Centenary City,
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
And Soft copies of the Application should be forwarded to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
General Requirements for Ebonyi State Civil Service
To register and be a part of this program, candidates must:
- Possess either a B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND concerning the applied position from a recognized institution.
- Not be older than 30 years;